Saturday 26 November 2022

Make your own book for Christmas

Several years ago I decided that I wanted to do something different for Christmas, so I wrote a short story that told the story of the first nativity from the perspective of the cat who lived at the Inn where Jesus was born.

I had it printed up at the newspaper and magazine publisher I worked at, which had a small but very busy jobbing printer attached to it and I collated and bound it myself, illustrating it with free to use images, giving it a hard cover and presenting it to my nieces and nephews.

It was very well received and is still talked of from time to time, although they are now all much older.

If you can't write a story or some poems to make your own book, why not think about making a photographic book using images that are relevant to the person or people you are making it for?

A company that I have used before (they make superb printed mugs, for example) is CEWE, who print very high quality photographic books at a cost that is cheaper than you would expect seeing how high the quality is.

Here's what they say: "Your memories matter and that’s what makes our TIPA award winning photo books perfect for preserving them. Make a photo book for yourself or create one to share with family and friends using our free software. It's easy and your personalised photo book will be professionally printed, quality checked and packed at our UK lab."

To learn more please visit them at https://www.cewe.co.uk. They also print mugs, calendars, wall art, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!