Sunday 17 October 2021

latentia primitivo puglia 2020

Latentia primitivo puglia 2020 wine is one of the best wines that my wife and I have tasted in recent years.

It's a high quality and award winning Italian red wine. It's a very red type of red wine, with a good deep colour. 

The flavour is a very full flavour, yet it is not too overpowering. 

There are hints of hedgerow fruits such as blackberries, but also there are strong notes of cherries and dark red berries.

It also carries some spiced notes like fresh black pepper and also cinnamon and perhaps a touch of ginger? I thought I could detect ginger, but my wife wasn't in agreement with me on that point. But we both enjoyed the wine very much, which is the main thing.

We feel that it would be a good accompaniment to red meat dishes and also with cheeses, though the winery points out that it pairs well with cured cheeses and with pasta dishes.

I personally found that it was a fine choice of wine to be served with minced pies. It has a 13.5% vol.

We actually feel that this wine would also be a good match for traditional Christmas delicacies so we would heartily recommend buying several bottles (or a case) for the Christmas and New Year festivities.

Check your local wine merchant or it is also available via Amazon at £12.00 a 75 cl bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!