Heralding the festive season as loudly as Christmas jumpers and carol singers, this seasonal favourite is loved by family and friends alike.
Whether you sneak a sip whilst basting the turkey, mix it in a fashionable cocktail or toast the Queen’s speech with an annual tipple, one taste of Harveys Bristol Cream will put everyone in an unfailingly jolly mood.
Its distinctive nutty, dried fruit flavours and softly spicy aromas make Harveys the perfect accompaniment to some of the season’s best-loved foods; buttery mince pies and indulgent luxury Christmas puddings.
(EDITOR: Every year, my wife and I like to watch the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol whilst eating mince pies and sipping Harveys Bristol Cream!)
Harveys Bristol Cream (75cl RRP £9.22) is widely available in supermarkets across the UK.
Harveys over ice with a slice of orange
The simplest of serves, Harveys over ice with a slice of orange brings out the taste of candied orange and perfectly complements the dried fruit and toasted almond flavours of this delicious sherry.
• Place two or three cubes of ice in a tumbler
• Pour over 50ml Harveys Bristol Cream
• Garnish with a slice of orange
Recipe (serves six):
• Slowly warm 200ml Harveys Bristol Cream with 500ml premium pressed apple juice, six cloves and 50g vanilla sugar in a pan for 10-15 minutes to release the incredible flavours
• Strain the liquid into a warmed 2 pint/ 1 litre punch bowl
• Garnish with apple slices and serve in glass mugs decorated with star anise